Anyone have a 155e or 165e led light with apex mod

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2013
Messages
2,553
Reaction score
1,078
Location
Sarasota, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have moded your reef radiance 155e or 165e with the apex mod. Are you experiencing issues with the % needed to get the LEDs to turn on. Mine won't turn on until 47%.

Wishing I could get them to start in lower. Might just be because the lights have PWM drivers and the mod uses the circuitry of the dimmer knob to dim the light with 0 to 10volt dimming from apex. I know analog drivers will start nice and low.

Let me know if you have the same issues.

Thanks
 
I have the ape/reef keeper mod on my lights too. I was using them on rke and I had to splice the cable for to connect to the rke. I just changed to an apex. Do I just use a straight Ethernet cable? Also on their website reefradiance says their lights will not come on till 40 percent using the apex/rkl modification
 
I have pictures and info on my thread on how to connect to apex. It's a few pages back from last page in my tank thread link below. Just keep going backwards till you find it.
 
I got them working. I cut off my rke ends and spliced all three cables to one end of an Ethernet cable just using the four wires that I needed. Thanks for the help.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top