Anyone have a favorite hitchhiker?

I have a 10 gallon nano set up to focus on hitchhikers. My live rock brought porcelain crabs, decorator crabs, snapping shrimp, corals, tunicates, sponges...

Favorite hitchhikers? The three urchins that survived- two long spines and a shorter spined one still unidentified.
 
I, too have a couple of orange sponges that came on some live rock I ordered 3 years ago. Most recently I was checking out a new store in my area. Saw a rock with an odd combination of colt coral and several different zoa colonies for a great price. Upon inspecting the underside of the rock when I got home I thought I saw a flatworm. Got my glasses and some tweezers and realized there were a half dozen baby brittle stars huddled together... COOL!!!
 
Nice! Do you feed the sponges anything ?
 
Not specifically. I do a rotation of Reef Roids, mysis/brine shrimp and flakes and I don't target them at all.
 
I have a 10 gallon nano set up to focus on hitchhikers. My live rock brought porcelain crabs, decorator crabs, snapping shrimp, corals, tunicates, sponges...

Favorite hitchhikers? The three urchins that survived- two long spines and a shorter spined one still unidentified.
Any issues with those crabs being predatory?
 
This acro
IMG_1090.JPG
 
I had some helpful bristle worms that acted as my cuc until my dottyback ate them. I've gotten so many brittle stars though.
 
Any issues with those crabs being predatory?

I have lost some sexy shrimp but that's all (and they died in the first week so it may not have been the crabs). All the crabs are still pretty small so, for now, it's still peaceful.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top