Anyone have an original Pink Smoothie Digitata?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Big E
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2012
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
3,858
Location
Willoughby, OH
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd like to pick up one of these up but it seems that they are all gone. This isn't a bleached orange digi..........it's a true pink.

It's distinct in that it has green growth tips and a pastel pink body. It grows fast and was not an expensive coral but it seems to have all but disappeared or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

These are Mark's pic @watchguy123 ......I think he's the last known reefer that had it but I think he lost the colony.

Pink Smoothie mark.jpg


I've seen what people call a Bubblegum digi but I don't think that's the same coral. It seems to have polyps that are more red with bluish tips. This was one that used to be called a Superman Digi if I recall.

It may be that I can't find it due to all the pictures looking like windex bottles that don't show the true colors.
 
That and the metal polyp digi. No one has that anymore?

What's the metal polyp digi look like? Another one I never see around is the Reefer on a Budget (ROAB) digi.
 
I have a pink digi but it doesn't have the green tips. Not sure if it's the same or not. Mine also appears to be a brighter pink than the one shown here. Got it at a local frag swap.
 
You are looking for a forest fire digi. Bubblegum has yellow growth tips, superman has blue, forest fire has green. The difference between pink and red is just more or less lighting
 
That and the metal polyp digi. No one has that anymore?

Adam at by used to have a colony of it and that’s I believe what he named it. It’s a grey body with white polyps that were scattered some grey with white spots and some half grey half white.
I had a frag for a few years that I found with no lineage to him that I know of the guy just said it was a rare digi and don’t loose it. It encrusted and sprouted branches mostly that my large fish would break off everytime one grew then I lost it when I swapped tanks. Couldn’t believe how slow it grew but it never got big enough I think. I will try and find a picture.
 
The pink smoothie I don’t remember seeing for a long time as well. The red and orange ones might look similar but aren’t the same as this from what I have seen.
 
You are looking for a forest fire digi. Bubblegum has yellow growth tips, superman has blue, forest fire has green. The difference between pink and red is just more or less lighting

Those you mentioned are not the same as the one I'm looking for. The tips are light lime green and the body is a pastel pink, hence the name "Pink Smoothie"

If this had more blue light over it it would look a brighter pink and green.
 
What's the metal polyp digi look like? Another one I never see around is the Reefer on a Budget (ROAB) digi.

Yes the ROAB is seldom seen anymore. It used to be common 10-15 years ago. I remember when Reefer on a Budget first introduced it. I think therman has it but he calls it a different name.
 
Wow don’t ask how I found this picture of the crazy digi I used to have. And yes it was a digi. I wish Adam had some pics he could share of his old colony since I think it was probably the same. These are from about 6 or 7 years ago.
EBE67683-2EE4-4DBE-8BFF-BA16878550F1.jpeg
E9736594-4A9F-4AF1-9AF8-3607DE30CD41.jpeg
 
I'd like to pick up one of these up but it seems that they are all gone. This isn't a bleached orange digi..........it's a true pink.

It's distinct in that it has green growth tips and a pastel pink body. It grows fast and was not an expensive coral but it seems to have all but disappeared or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

These are Mark's pic @watchguy123 ......I think he's the last known reefer that had it but I think he lost the colony.

Pink Smoothie mark.jpg


I've seen what people call a Bubblegum digi but I don't think that's the same coral. It seems to have polyps that are more red with bluish tips. This was one that used to be called a Superman Digi if I recall.

It may be that I can't find it due to all the pictures looking like windex bottles that don't show the true colors.


To me, this just looks like a forest fire Monti.
My forest fire looks like this.
 
I have it, bought it from Exotic Frags.us maybe 5 years ago. Just about lost it, saved one little piece, but it is rebounding. It has covered the frag plug and is just now forming some little branch nubs. It will be a while before I can frag it but I can let you know when it’s ready.
 
The Pink Smoothie will stay pink under high lighting where Forest Fire gets orange polyps. They are definitely different corals. I have not had any in a long time, but it was pretty darn nice for a digi.
 
I'm not sure if Cornbred corals is a trustworthy source but they had this on their website. I'd get one myself if I knew it was legit.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230901-093249.png
    Screenshot_20230901-093249.png
    320.5 KB · Views: 57

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top