Anyone have experience good or bad with Deltec Skimmers

FirstContact

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2016
Messages
428
Reaction score
176
Location
Glenn Dale, MD, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
External Skimz now
Upgrade to External Deltec

Pro: DC pump gets 1900 lph air draw
Con: Control box looks flimsy- do I even want to deal with it.

Pro: AC pump built for longevity, just plugs in.
Con: AC pump gets 1700 lph of air draw.

Do we know who makes their AC and DC pumps?
 
They have a reputation for producing a quality product I wouldn’t be concerned with the quality of their DC controller. I switched to a DC skimmer a couple years ago and will never go back to AC ;)
 
I have never heard anything bad about Deltec skimmers. Once I heard someone having trouble with skimmate production and replaced old AC pump with a new AC pump and problem solved.
 
Okay great. It really boils down to DC vs AC. But it reads like DC is the way to go. Thanks everyone.

@Retroreefer: do you ever turn the DC pump down?
 
100% deltec is an amazing product. I am running their calcium reactor. ill be buying their skimmer this week.
 
Retroreefer: do you ever turn the DC pump down?

Yes! just like when you where a kid blowing bubbles with your little bottle of soap, If you blow as hard as you can bubble production may be limited or nonexistent but if you blow easy you can form big beautiful bubbles ;) same with your skimmer, depending on organic levels in your water running your DC skimmer at lower settings can sometimes produce skimmate much more efficiently that running it full blast.

BEEF8322-CF8D-456D-8EB5-459B6725910D.jpeg
 
I had an AC 1351 on a previous tank and have a DC 600i now, pretty similar design. I prefer the DC version due to the adjustability. I run it at 5 out of 10 on the controller. Works great, very quiet and skims well.

I believe the pumps are made by whoever makes Jebao, just a guess from the shape.
 
I had an AC 1351 on a previous tank and have a DC 600i now, pretty similar design. I prefer the DC version due to the adjustability. I run it at 5 out of 10 on the controller. Works great, very quiet and skims well.

I believe the pumps are made by whoever makes Jebao, just a guess from the shape.

Aquabee I believe.
 
I have a 1000i and its great! The only issue I have with it is how tight the cup is to the skimmer neck making it impossible to just take the cup off to clean. The good thing is that the entire skimmer is very light weight and easy o disassemble.
 
The only issue I have with it is how tight the cup is to the skimmer neck making it impossible to just take the cup off to clean
Just coat the seal in silicon gel or similar, works a treat.
+1 for Deltec skimmers.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top