Anyone have experience with the IO Rodeo Colorimeter?

ariellemermaid

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2020
Messages
665
Reaction score
498
Location
North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently discovered the IO Rodeo programmable colorimeter. It’s out of stock right now, but I’m wondering if anyone out there has experience with it. The idea would be to use standard solutions to calibrate any cheap qualitative color matching kit and obtain quantitative data. It might be overkill but seems like a neat project as an alternative to Hanna checkers and expensive proprietary reagents in addition to the cost of the devices.
 
The colorimeter sounds interesting. I look forward to reading about how your study turns out.

glass cofin.jpg
 
I recently discovered the IO Rodeo programmable colorimeter. It’s out of stock right now, but I’m wondering if anyone out there has experience with it. The idea would be to use standard solutions to calibrate any cheap qualitative color matching kit and obtain quantitative data. It might be overkill but seems like a neat project as an alternative to Hanna checkers and expensive proprietary reagents in addition to the cost of the devices.

No experience, but should be a nice project. The basics of colorimeters are pretty straight forward - variable LEDs and the detector. Pretty much all of the reagent/color test systems use this approach, as do the Hanna checkers (though they may just have a single color operation)
 
Used in a school environment to very successfully demonstrate the use of a colorimeter for analysis of solutions as well as measuring rate of reaction. Excellent piece of kit
 
Haven't they been out of stock for the longest time?
I wrote to them like a year ago and they said it should be back in stock any day. The days and weeks came and went. For me personally I’ve kind of given up on the idea. I’m now using Trident’s instead with custom programming to only run 2 tests/day. That saves a ton on reagents and the automation and reporting is hard to beat. For the remainder I’m mostly using Hanna colorimeters.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top