Anyone have or know where I can find this torch

  • Thread starter Thread starter James M
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

James M

.
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2018
Messages
9,265
Reaction score
12,822
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking for this torch for the past couple of days. It’s a standard Indo but the tentacles were super long and just a nice piece. I sold it to someone on r2r who unfortunately lost it and the lfs doesn’t know who they got it from. Anyone have a torch like this or knows where to get one ? Thanks !
1F607153-C921-4EF8-881A-567C91160AD1.jpeg
 
Last edited:
The lighting might be distorting things a bit, but it looks like a dragon soul torch. Unique Corals, Tidal Gardens, and Austin Aqua Farms has had them in the past, but they go quickly. I have one that I purchased from my LFS.
 
Yes, That’s exactly what mine looked like
Ever have frags !?
It's just an indo torch. I got it from a lfs for $100 for I think 1 head. I don't have a bandsaw and I'll never frag a torch without one. PM me so I have your info if/when I frag it.
 
It's just an indo torch. I got it from a lfs for $100 for I think 1 head. I don't have a bandsaw and I'll never frag a torch without one. PM me so I have your info if/when I frag it.
I just recently had to cut up a damaged torch with a cutoff blade on an oscillating cut off tool and it worked fabulously. Honestly it was a cleaner and faster cut with less vibration transferred to the body and skeleton than any bandsaw cut.
 
Cheezy Corals in New Albany IN has several like that. I got mine for 100$ has about 8-9 small heads on it. Really close together grouping. Almost looks like it just split and they haven't spread out much yet. They have a FB page and do ship. The tentacles are about twice that long as you see in the video. My blues had just come on and it gets mad
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1702.MOV
    9.7 MB
Cheezy Corals in New Albany IN has several like that. I got mine for 100$ has about 8-9 small heads on it. Really close together grouping. Almost looks like it just split and they haven't spread out much yet. They have a FB page and do ship. The tentacles are about twice that long as you see in the video. My blues had just come on and it gets mad
your pic didn’t work but I’ll send them a message
 
your pic didn’t work but I’ll send them a message
This is my torch under white lights. They have much, much larger colonies. this little guy was 100$. Lights don't do the colors justice, I don't want to change them to my LEDS though because everyone tries to close soon as they come on.

tempImageRUgxNT.png
 
I’ve been looking for this torch for the past couple of days. It’s a standard Indo but the tentacles were super long and just a nice piece. I sold it to someone on r2r who unfortunately lost it and the lfs doesn’t know who they got it from. Anyone have a torch like this or knows where to get one ? Thanks !
1F607153-C921-4EF8-881A-567C91160AD1.jpeg
I believe i have what your looking for.
My tanks just a little bluer.
 

Attachments

  • 16179884117983158600647625985946.jpg
    16179884117983158600647625985946.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 44
I believe i have what your looking for.
My tanks just a little bluer.
This is my torch under white lights. They have much, much larger colonies. this little guy was 100$. Lights don't do the colors justice, I don't want to change them to my LEDS though because everyone tries to close soon as they come on.

tempImageRUgxNT.png
They both look very different from the pic I posted. @oregongrownreef has the torch in looking for. He also gives good pic to go off off
 
They both look very different from the pic I posted. @oregongrownreef has the torch in looking for. He also gives good pic to go off off
Hey I tried man. they have a full tank of torch corals so im sure they'd have what you're looking for. video attached is their torch tanks. also lighting makes a huge difference. Mine looks just like your pic under the color enhancing LEDs of my tank. Its gonna be hard to find a photo that exactly matches 100% what youre showing.
 

Attachments

  • 5BBCC1E6-F82B-43D5-B86E-B04023EC4B2C.mov
    7.9 MB
Hey I tried man. they have a full tank of torch corals so im sure they'd have what you're looking for. video attached is their torch tanks. also lighting makes a huge difference. Mine looks just like your pic under the color enhancing LEDs of my tank. Its gonna be hard to find a photo that exactly matches 100% what youre showing.
Already found a torch that matches my photo but thank you for your help !
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top