Anyone install a Clarisea SK-5000 in a Trigger emerald 34 sump?

Definitely a game changer. All credit to @jtichenor. I was debating the same thing and came across the same post and immediately made the change. Has been a huge upgrade. I will never go back to socks. And as stated, outside of the plumbing, no modifications to the sump. I did lower mine a bit more but you can adjust it around. I also hard plumbed it just because that is how I have everything else, you can see I did the same as him and left my secondary drain as is and I just adjust so all goes through the filter roller. I have a 3rd drain (Emergency) and it just goes in the refugium area. Pics attached without the roller so you can see the plumbing and full install.

Thanks for the post and reply to messages @jtichenor

20220212_095651.jpg 20220213_104654.jpg
 
Definitely a game changer. All credit to @jtichenor. I was debating the same thing and came across the same post and immediately made the change. Has been a huge upgrade. I will never go back to socks. And as stated, outside of the plumbing, no modifications to the sump. I did lower mine a bit more but you can adjust it around. I also hard plumbed it just because that is how I have everything else, you can see I did the same as him and left my secondary drain as is and I just adjust so all goes through the filter roller. I have a 3rd drain (Emergency) and it just goes in the refugium area. Pics attached without the roller so you can see the plumbing and full install.

Thanks for the post and reply to messages @jtichenor

20220212_095651.jpg 20220213_104654.jpg
I just did it today. Bulkhead started leaking so it took way longer than I hoped. It's a tight fit but seems to be working will, and fits my skimmer.
 
@jtichenor How high above the sump rim does it sit? Whats the measurement if you don’t mind.

Mine extends about 7.5 inches above the top of the sump with a new roll. Bear in mind the assembly is height adjustable on it's bracket. I have my bracket one notch (about 1 inch) from the top so it is sitting ~1 inch higher than it's lowest height setting.
To achieve maximum efficiency, you'll want to keep the roller assembly as high as possible in the water. I think they recommend 2" water depth. So you'll want to adjust the height of the roller to correspond to your water level in your sump (usually dictated by your skimmer).
Keeping the ClariSea deeper than 2" of water is fine. It'll just consume the filter paper faster because it has less pressure differential between the water height in the Clarisea and the water height in the sump so water won't pass through the paper as freely (which will trigger the filter advance switch more often).
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top