Anyone know how to keep Scarlet pinstripe wrasses?

Krazymuncher

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2018
Messages
50
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to keep Scarlet pinstripe wrasses? Currently have a 30 gallon with some zoas, a blood red fire shrimp and a pair of black clowns. Thinking about adding more coral and maybe adding an anemone. Are the wrasses aggressive? Will they eat corals? Will harm fire shrimps?
 
They are fine with coral, but will pick at motile inverts. They are in the same genus as sixline wrasses, so they can become aggressive, though not as bad as sixlines.
 
If you have not yet acquired the wrasse I would look for a Pink streaked or Possum wrasse instead. No aggression issues and well suited to a small system.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top