ANYONE KNOW WHER I CAN BUY TIGER SPONGE?

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2021
Messages
1,076
Reaction score
814
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its called either a tiger sponge or tunicate. And i want one lol.

329e3253_vbattach196518.jpg
 
I had a tunicate as a hitchhiker on a piece of rock in my old tank and it did very well.
 
So why do you want one? lol
Because i like it lol. Difficult doesnt mean impossible. I was also told bisma worms are hard to keep but im good with feeding and test my tank for all parameters weekly as well as routine water changes so i want to give it a shot. No challenge = no fun.
 
These are a pretty rare find in this hobby and as said are difficult to keep alive. I think my LFS has a colonial tunicate growing to their frag rack which is pretty neat. I have a golden sea squirt and they're really cool but need to be fed a lot.
 
These are a pretty rare find in this hobby and as said are difficult to keep alive. I think my LFS has a colonial tunicate growing to their frag rack which is pretty neat. I have a golden sea squirt and they're really cool but need to be fed a lot.
Do you have a pic of your sea squirt?? Curious lol
 
This is kind of a bad photo but here's mine a couple of months back. This tank was about a year old here, the rocks are white because I had previously just added them. Given proper care I think these guys can live a long time.

1615692829937.jpeg
 
This is kind of a bad photo but here's mine a couple of months back. This tank was about a year old here, the rocks are white because I had previously just added them. Given proper care I think these guys can live a long time.

1615692829937.jpeg
I think I used to have one of these years back smack dab in the middle of a Galaxea. Does it have almost feathers that come out and twist back and forth like a radar beacon? Was the strangest most beautiful thing same time....
 
I haven't heard of a sea squirt having feathers. I have seen a lot of feather dusters twist around like that.
 
I think I used to have one of these years back smack dab in the middle of a Galaxea. Does it have almost feathers that come out and twist back and forth like a radar beacon? Was the strangest most beautiful thing same time....
That would be a barnacle. Did it look like this?
 

Attachments

  • Snapchat-1026982938.jpg
    Snapchat-1026982938.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 58
Yes! Ok barnacle lol
Yea lol when i bought that goniopora with the barnacle the guy at my LFS said it was a feather duster lol. I had to go on R2R to get the real answer. I actually feed it phytoplankton i want to keep it alive as long as possible i really like it lol more than my goni that never opens.....
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top