Anyone seen any Ktar Black Hornets lately?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hooz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Messages
1,623
Reaction score
1,702
Location
Heath, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to round out my Hornet collection with some Rainbow and Ktar Blacks. I'd like to save on some shipping, so I figure all add in some mid to high end stuff if it's available (Marvin the Martian, LSOH, Leprechaun are others I'm looking for).

The Ktars seem to be the hold-up, though.
 
I want to round out my Hornet collection with some Rainbow and Ktar Blacks. I'd like to save on some shipping, so I figure all add in some mid to high end stuff if it's available (Marvin the Martian, LSOH, Leprechaun are others I'm looking for).

The Ktars seem to be the hold-up, though.
Hope you can find them they are gorgous. @footgal any suggestions
 
I want to round out my Hornet collection with some Rainbow and Ktar Blacks. I'd like to save on some shipping, so I figure all add in some mid to high end stuff if it's available (Marvin the Martian, LSOH, Leprechaun are others I'm looking for).

The Ktars seem to be the hold-up, though.
Hey! SaltyReef and TheCameroShow both have Ktar Blacks. I know both of these guys have a lot of other high end zoas as well!

Rainbow Hornets are a little easier to find. Go to the livestock selling forum, search “rainbow Hornet” and set the search to this forum only. That should point you in the right direction if you want to buy hobbyist.
 
Yeah. Rainbows seem easier to find. I figured I'd try to find the Ktars and then, hopefully, that person would also have some of the others I'm looking for to save on some shipping.

I'll hit up the people you mentioned. Thank you!
 
I have a 50 polyp colony of Rainbow Hornets and looking for Ktars. Let me know if you need some R. Hornets.
 
I have them but back growing out. I do have some murder hornets which are the newest high end hornet ready to go though!
 
So how many actual Hornets are there? I keep reading conflicting reports.

I have Purple, Blue and Red, and I'm in the process of acquiring (or trying to acquire) Ktar Black and Rainbows. Which one(s) am I missing?
 
Frozen, purple, red, rainbow, blue, murder, ktar black, tiger, jawbreaker, UFO, golden, orange, green, yellow, flaming, and pink. That’s all the “Hornet” ones I know, but I don’t think all of them are legit hornets. IMO, a true “Hornet” needs to have an alternating color skirt, ring around the mouth, different mouth color is optional.

Flaming Hornet, not really a Hornet because it doesn’t have alternating color skirt
C6292E94-5A27-464B-8301-F9623A2FF4D1.png


Red Hornet, true Hornet. Alternating color skirt (darker orange and bright orange), pink ring around mouth.
EA6CEBAC-4AE5-4472-8990-6337501F7CCD.jpeg


”Golden Hornet” there’s 2 Golden Hornets, one by Zoanthids.com (UC) and the general one I can’t pin down an originator for. This one is not a Hornet because it doesn’t have a 2 tone skirt and it doesn’t have a ring around the mouth
1DC5ED37-8EF1-4EA0-BF6A-F923AB065054.png


UC Golden Hornet. Also not a true Hornet because it doesn’t have 2 skirt colors but it does have the rest of the features
A4F1DA3F-8F37-4D9C-86D8-608C1F54DDF6.png


So the above list is all of the zoas (that I’m aware of) that have the name “Hornet” in there. But just be aware that even though they’re all named Hornet, it’s up to you to decide if you really want to count them into the “Hornet” family or if that word is just to make them have a cool name. IMO, there aren’t too many true Hornets but there are a lot of zoas with the name Hornet
 
I'm sticking with the "true" Hornets for now. The Rainbows are borderline, but I needed a 5th one to round out my 5 spot "Hornet's Nest" garden, and I wanted to add some different colors.

It will end up blue, purple, red, ktar and rainbow.

Zoas are becoming my Pokémon (Gotta catch 'em all!), so I'll probably end up with the others at some point.
 
Red, blue, purple, are what I would consider the OG with alternating skirts. But rainbow, regular black, ktar black, jawbreaker, frozen, murder I would also say are legit hornets with the classic look. All the others I would say are trying to get hyped by the hornet name IMO

I have all these, just need the murders ;Happy
 
I'm sticking with the "true" Hornets for now. The Rainbows are borderline, but I needed a 5th one to round out my 5 spot "Hornet's Nest" garden, and I wanted to add some different colors.

It will end up blue, purple, red, ktar and rainbow.

Zoas are becoming my Pokémon (Gotta catch 'em all!), so I'll probably end up with the others at some point.
The rainbows are ok but the frozen’s are so much better, id get them instead. Even those new murder ones look super nice. Everything else is like the perfect list. Also Jawbreaker are worth having. To me Regular black and rainbow are meh to me.
 
I'm sticking with the "true" Hornets for now. The Rainbows are borderline, but I needed a 5th one to round out my 5 spot "Hornet's Nest" garden, and I wanted to add some different colors.

It will end up blue, purple, red, ktar and rainbow.

Zoas are becoming my Pokémon (Gotta catch 'em all!), so I'll probably end up with the others at some point.
Legendary Corals had some frozen Hornets yesterday, 20% off too!
 
I'm seeing two Frozen Hornets, one blue and one red. Which ones are we talking about?
 
The Ktars and Rainbows arrived today! I'll post some pictures when I can get some good ones.

Now I'm on the hunt for the next ones!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top