Anyone still interested in and keeping Micromussa?

_MG_2622.JPG
Wow from way back? Andrew, how long do you have it?
I forgot, didn’t we used to get corals and rick from Fiji and pacific Micronesia?
 
Wow from way back? Andrew, how long do you have it?
I forgot, didn’t we used to get corals and rick from Fiji and pacific Micronesia?

I haven't had this one that long. I believe I got it in 2015. I used to have quite a few micros before this but unfortunately those ones are no longer with me. I also don't recall the origin of this one.
 
I got this orange one just this week
And the rainbow red and green been coloring up for a while. Came in almost brown.
DC51C07C-EF0A-4B87-87E0-1D73E08F2C7B.jpeg

E90954B2-1B90-4206-94B3-D2FEB45197D9.jpeg
DACCFDEE-4333-4BC9-9D74-6498613037F2.jpeg
D619F065-28D9-44A3-8F7D-A2EE1A5AA281.jpeg
 
Patient Zero, That AquaSD micro is too hot, really happy I got it
here three amigos
Rainbow Road, Aqua thing(what’s the name? And OG UFO
A0993899-9CF8-41CF-9FE4-B5908ABF5919.jpeg
EFC66E40-C620-4947-B3BB-7950C7FEFAAA.jpeg
 
I am very confused between the difference of micromussa and acans! I thought they changed the name of acans to micro mussa. I bought several acan from UC and they were all tiny and labeled micromussa so I asked them if they were acans or tinier and they said they were acans but my LFS said micromussa is tiny acans! Whats the deal? I know holy grails are tiny and I think I had some from uc that died :( They were crazy bright and full of different colored rings!
 
I am very confused between the difference of micromussa and acans! I thought they changed the name of acans to micro mussa. I bought several acan from UC and they were all tiny and labeled micromussa so I asked them if they were acans or tinier and they said they were acans but my LFS said micromussa is tiny acans! Whats the deal? I know holy grails are tiny and I think I had some from uc that died :( They were crazy bright and full of different colored rings!

Micromussa Lordhowensis is an "Acan Lord", or what people typically refer to as an "acan". Micromussa Amakusensis, is the "traditional" Micromussa, like the Holy Grails you mentioned.

The big difference, as you noticed, is polyp size.
 
Micromussa Lordhowensis is an "Acan Lord", or what people typically refer to as an "acan". Micromussa Amakusensis, is the "traditional" Micromussa, like the Holy Grails you mentioned.

The big difference, as you noticed, is polyp size.
OMG! Thanks for clearing that up! I figured UC would definitely know the difference. I must not have been buying lords all along! I only had one other to compare to and it did have much bigger polyps!! If I ever buy more now I know to ask now if its a lord because I'll never remember that other name lol!

Are all of the amakusensis all brighter like the holy grail or just certain ones like the rainbow road ect?
 
They are mini but fantastic!

I don't ever see any vendors selling them or members posting about them.


mic.jpg
I've got orange with white stripes and some red and grey. Love them. Love the pic. I missed out on some similar to those above last month.
 
Does anyone know if you can put these with zoas? I picked up 2 holygrails and might get a ufo. I saw someone on youtube named eat sleep reef who has acans mixed in a zoa garden. I think they are lords though but since these are so tiny I think they would look great in a zoa garden!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top