Anyone successful with Fluval Evo 13.5 Reef tank without modifications?

Subliminal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2023
Messages
305
Reaction score
259
Location
Princeton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like everyone is all about the mods for the Evo 13.5...but has anyone tried just letting it ride? Stock lighting, stock flow, coral, etc...?

I bought this tank because it was a good deal and had all the working parts...and I keep spending money and dreaming about spending money to make it greater.

Is my light bright enough for these coral? They look happy right now, but...

Is my flow good enough? Everything looks happy now, buuuuutttt...

Just wondering if anyone is growing coral in theirs, without $200 in light upgrades and $100 in pump upgrades?

Thanks!

Damon
 
grew sps (stylo, monti, birdsnest) and lps with stock lighting. I would upgrade the return or get a wave maker
 
I guess I was more curious than anything.

I have a Sicce Nano powerhead, the return pump has been updated to the Sicce .5, I got the random flow 1/2 inch tip for the return, the intank chamber 1 media basket, and an AI Prime 16HD. So, I guess it's kind of a moot point at this point. :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top