Anyone tried the New Xport-PO4

i havnt seen it avaliable yet, i have worked in fish retail for the past decade and had the privlidge of meeting with chris brightwell (owner of brightwell aquatics) multiple times. the man is a genius and actually pretty cool. ive been using all his products since they hit the market and had great results with everything except the salt which id steer clear of the calcium level in it is too high and when mixed with water the chemicals react and really make water boiling hot, ive actually melted a plastic cup in the last store i worked at using this salt in the mix. im sure this new product will be another amaxzing product and i cant wait to try it myself especially given the size that it is and the power it claims to have.
 
I was just doing a little reading up on this as well and there really is not much info on the net yet. I am curious if you just toss it in a reactor like normal and love life or if just toss in a cube. The instructions are little vague or I am just not reading them right.
 
i havnt seen it avaliable yet, i have worked in fish retail for the past decade and had the privlidge of meeting with chris brightwell (owner of brightwell aquatics) multiple times. the man is a genius and actually pretty cool. .

I think you will get quite a few people disagreeing with that. I dont know him personally myself, at least I do not think I have ever met him.

I believe he is the one that endorsed kents liquid reactor.

Then again most additives are the same now adays and are just off the shelf stuff most people can buy themselves. Most companies are just different packaging. Most is known do to the chemist in the hobby like Boomer and Randy.
 
Last edited:
The claims are pretty awesome on the Xport p04.. I love that it doesn't need to be fluidized and is so much more compact. Makes using it in a dual media reactor with carbon in the 2nd super easy. Since all you need is flow through like carbon anyhow, no constant adjustments like GFO. (I'm really thinking of the brs reactor here)

It's supposed to be regenerable too. I'm planning on giving it a shot. I love the idea of a less maintenance phosphate media. One that doesn't leach back and I can just leave in for a while. (I'm lazy and my phosphate is low as hell anyhow)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top