Anyone use Home Depot's Muriatic Acid to bring down Alkalinity?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BAUCE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

BAUCE

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2009
Messages
772
Reaction score
730
Location
Instagram - @Sublime_Corals
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the HDX stuff and am now unsure whether or not I should be using this stuff. Anyone using this without any problems?

ifc7VLF.jpg
 
If Alk needs to lower, let it fall on its own, or use frequent water changes.
 
I have used Muriatic acid in the past to reduce alk successfully though went very slowly

this was due to reagent being out of date and alk being off the scale on my hanna checker
 
I'll bump this thread a few times hoping that someone else has been using this stuff with no issues so far since I just mixed up a batch of salt with it yesterday.
 
You can just be prepared for a drop in ph. Youll need to aereate the water.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top