Anyone wanna take a stab at this one?

Victor Noda

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2018
Messages
57
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this one on my refugium today. I wish it was a jellyfish, but it pulses and I dont know what it is.
 

Attachments

  • 20220123_085204.mp4
    14 MB
These are are crawling hydroid jellyfishes, which do not swim, but rather move around the tank sort of like a small, soft, slow spider. They move by fastening on to the substrate with their adhesive patches. The tentacles are tipped with concentrations of nematocysts.
They are not of harm and Keyhole Limpets eat them
 
Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear its not a pest!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top