Anyone's fish eat their Haddoni Anemone?

Conrad Noto

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
239
Reaction score
219
Location
West Palm Beach, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks ago when I added my Haddoni I was worried about my fish. It put down it's foot slowly expand and was beautiful. No problem first week. I decided to feed it one day when I fed fish. My Koran angel grabbed piece of shrimp out of my nem and took a nickel size chunk of anemone with it. Nem has not opened fully since then, kind of cupped like a tulip, color good.....hoping my Koran didn't like taste. I was planning on adding two more...little bummed out.
 
Angels and butterflies are the natural predators of anemones. The main symbiotic benefit of clownfish for anemonies is protection from these fish, hence why clownfish can become so territorial
 
If your fish don't eat the anemone or it doesn't die (they usually do) be prepared to lose some fish being eaten by the anemone.
 
Angels and butterflies are the natural predators of anemones. The main symbiotic benefit of clownfish for anemonies is protection from these fish, hence why clownfish can become so territorial
My 2 black photon clowns haven't gone near it so far, maybe i'll add some skunk clowns or tomato clowns. Didn't know angels ate them, hasn't touched my prior nems, had tube anemones, mini max and rock flower.
 
My 2 black photon clowns haven't gone near it so far, maybe i'll add some skunk clowns or tomato clowns. Didn't know angels ate them, hasn't touched my prior nems, had tube anemones, mini max and rock flower.


It is interesting because often these anemones in the wild are rapidly consumed if they do not have a clown/damsel to protect them.
 
It is interesting because often these anemones in the wild are rapidly consumed if they do not have a clown/damsel to protect them.
Going to get more clowns and 2 more Haddoni. Not worried about my Koran, he's 14-15'' had him 9yrs built like a tank, nems 6-8''. I might be concerned when they grow bigger.
 
It is interesting because often these anemones in the wild are rapidly consumed if they do not have a clown/damsel to protect them.
Going to get more clowns and 2 more Haddoni. Not worried about my Koran, he's 14-15'' had him 9yrs built like a tank, nems 6-8''. I might be concerned when they grow bigger.
 
Going to get more clowns and 2 more Haddoni. Not worried about my Koran, he's 14-15'' had him 9yrs built like a tank, nems 6-8''. I might be concerned when they grow bigger.


I am wondering if a maroon clown would be handy since they get pretty big
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top