Apex Classic won't connect to Fusion

SallyWho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2017
Messages
774
Reaction score
576
Location
SW Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried everything I can think of, but my Apex Classic won't connect to Fusion. I've rebooted with DHCP both on and off. I've changed the last digits of my IP address to hopefully make it static (went from 13 to 60). I've made sure the ethernet cable is firmly seated. I've rebooted the router. I've made sure the gateway in the apex matches the gateway on my router. I've rebooted the Apex brain after every change. What else can I do?? Why won't the dang thing talk to Fusion? Looks like I'm doing today's water change by unplugging the EB8 rather than using my maintenance settings.
 
Apex Classic... you should be able to check the IP Address from the display module. Even if it won't connect to Fusion, you should be able to connect directly to the Apex Classic view.... should work for your water change, anyway.

System>Net Setup>IP Address

If you can't get to the Apex Local (Classic) view, my next move would be to plug a laptop in at the cable where you're Apex is connected. See if it can get out with the same cable, hub/router ports, etc.

Best of luck!
 
Type into the address bar of your browser:

apex.local

Should take you to your local web pages and at least allow you to enter into your maintenance mode until you can figure out the fusion thing.
 
apex.local is only going to work on an unrouted network with broadcast name resolution enabled. Many of us have more complex networks at home these days. I no longer count on broadcast to work...

But you might get lucky :)
 
No such luck. I just unplugged the EB8 from my UPS to do maintenance. :/ I'll try messing with it again later.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top