Apex vs Apex EL Is it worth an extra $300?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rscott
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I have a ReefBrite LED and will have 2 x RO Varios pumps connected to 0-10V.

the pumps i get, but you're dimming the reefbrite strip as opposed to just an on/off timer?
 
the pumps i get, but you're dimming the reefbrite strip as opposed to just an on/off timer?


That right Tim. I ramp them over a period of 120 minutes from 12-100% in the am and then down from a 100 to 12% over 90 minutes at the end of the day before switching them off completely.

In nature, sun doesnt just turn on an off at 100% if you get my drift.
 
Why 12%?

The ReefBrites I have switch completely off below 12%.
 
So if I buy an Apex El and down the road found out I needed;
- orp I can buy a PM1 and the probe
- Salinity I can buy a PM2 and the probe
- 0 - 10 volt I can buy a VDM and the wires (if needed)

Is that correct? I may end up spending more in the future if I wanted all those things but I'm not boxed in and I don't lose any functionality? I can get a Trident?
 
So if I buy an Apex El and down the road found out I needed;
- orp I can buy a PM1 and the probe
- Salinity I can buy a PM2 and the probe
- 0 - 10 volt I can buy a VDM and the wires (if needed)

Is that correct? I may end up spending more in the future if I wanted all those things but I'm not boxed in and I don't lose any functionality? I can get a Trident?

It's a yes, some add modules some prefer integrated approach.
 
Can I connect the fkm flow meter to the EL?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top