Aqua Cultured Fungias

maroun.c

Moderator
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2011
Messages
4,309
Reaction score
6,926
Location
Lebanon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I moved my corals from my old 150G tank to the frag setup (around 1.5year ago) had this purple plate with green tentacles die. I just tossed the skeleton in the back of the frag tank. months back saw these growths on it which initially I thought were some Mojanos... only to realize afterwards that Funghias ave been known to emerge on the skeletons of dead ones...
Clipped one off and it's doing fine so guess I'll give the others some time and start taking them off a few at a time to see how long it will continue to form new Fungias.
DSC_3046.jpg

and the one I took off
DSC_3039.jpg
 
Looking good, Maroun!

I think this happened to Rev I recall reading about it.
Yeah, I was trying not to bring it up. :tape:

In the end, the fungia crowded into each other and, tragically, none made it. Clipping them off the parent skeleton is probably better for them.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top