Aqua I’ve bulb purple.

Garets92553

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2018
Messages
79
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just replaced my 57w Aqua UV bulb. Last time I just order an off brand from amazon. This time did the same but think I ordered from a different seller. The light is purple. I thought it was the normal greenish when I plugged it in I checked all my connections. Is thy is a bad bulb should I return it? Or is it ok.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4161.MOV
    65.9 MB
I believe we cannot see UV light but that they put a light in place to allow you to know it's on and not to look at it. I don't know much about UV light filters, someone else will have to chime in, but a quick google search did provide that some UV lights give a purplish hue. I would contact the manufacturer.
 
Not sure if video worked.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4161.MOV
    65.9 MB

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top