Aqua Knight LED | Nano Reef Tank Lighting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Premiumaq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2009
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
825
Location
Midwest
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this video we are going to take a look at the Aqua Knight LED Aquarium Light. This is a great value nano reef light that retails for under $100. We'll cover the setup and install of the Aqua Knight LED as well as go over some of the pros and cons of the Nano Reef Light.

https://pafish.me/AquaKnight30W

 
Last edited:
Nice video, I've actually had this same light before. Moved on to the Coral Moon Box led, imho its a much better light in that you can control the programming very easily via wifi and has more power. Yes more expensive but more powerful and easier to control.
 
I actually ran one of the AquaKnights on my 20g cube for about 3 or 4 months and was really pleased with it. It really was close to the Kessil i had on the tank before. The main reason we like this light is that it looks good, it's 80 dollars retail and it's easy. Just touch and control. So it's really meant for the hobbyist that just wants a good quality inexpensive light without having to program etc, good for us older people :)
 
I'm using one of these on my frag QT tank. Seems to be working nicely so far, good value.
 
Nice video, I've actually had this same light before. Moved on to the Coral Moon Box led, imho its a much better light in that you can control the programming very easily via wifi and has more power. Yes more expensive but more powerful and easier to control.
There are tons of "better lights" and while the moon box is better, its also closer to the price range of the superior ai prime/kessil a160we.
There is always a "better light" until you reach the top. This light has its place.
 
Does anyone have any lasting experience with these? I’m considering buying one or two for a nano build.
 
Sold on Amazon as "hipargero" for $60 every day...same light. Been happy with mine for nearly a year.
 
Sold on Amazon as "hipargero" for $60 every day...same light. Been happy with mine for nearly a year.

Good to hear. What depth is the tank you're using it on and what corals are in there?
 
Good to hear. What depth is the tank you're using it on and what corals are in there?
It's over a nuvo 10. All soft corals but I have no doubt it could grow easy sps. The elegance here is a temporary resident.

20181104_193312.jpg
 
dang. Do you dose any ferts? What salt do you use? Sorry for all the questions.
 
Haha no problem. No dosing, minimal water changes, cheapest (reef crystals) salt. I run a ghost skimmer and I swap out 2 bags of chemipure blue every other month or when I feel like it's been a while. I haven't changed the water in 2-3 months.

No fuge, no power head (upgraded return to a syncra 0.5 and it's plenty of flow with the stock nozzle even), I do at least have an ato.

This is a second tank intended to be very low maintenance and it's just doing wonderful.
 
Thanks for all the help. What's that orange fish right next to the Kenya tree in the picture? I'm trying to figure my livestock rn.
 
Thanks for all the help. What's that orange fish right next to the Kenya tree in the picture? I'm trying to figure my livestock rn.
Naked clown. I also have a randalls assessor and a cryptic wrasse in here with plenty of room in other tanks to rehome one fish if the need arises.

No kenya tree in here that's neon green nephthea leather much easier to control and quite a bit more expensive. On the left there's the elegance that I'm holding for another If of tanks. Above that I have some clove polyps I'm trying to grow. Top left toadstool leather. Middle rose bubble tip anemone from another tank (split). Topmiddle a little bit of xenia. Top right green sinularia leather. Far right blue sympodium with a little bit of photosynthetic gorgonian to it's left. Then in front a single green rhodactis shrims that is happy but not growing and finally branching gsp in the front right.
 
Does this light come with a timer setting? And if not how would you set it on a timer?
 
No. You'll need to use your own timer, it does remember the last set level for both channels. One plug, though, so no way to turn on blue and white separately.
 
No. You'll need to use your own timer, it does remember the last set level for both channels. One plug, though, so no way to turn on blue and white separately.

What timer would you suggest?
 
What percentage blue to white are you using on this light for coral growth?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top