Aquaforest stone fix cracked brittle and crumbling

frankietbag

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’ve been in the building process of a new tank and I put together the aquascape with Aquaforest stone fix...has anybody used this stuff and had it dry like this?
06078785-29DE-4CC8-953D-771448FCC0B6.jpeg

Some of it is gray some brown some in between...I can scrape it off with my fingernail...I followed the instructions from the Aquaforest YouTube video which are pretty vague...I’m concerned that once I add water it will just fall apart...I tried contacting Aquaforest directly but I didn’t get anywhere
 
Im sure that is frustrating. I think CoralVue is the North American distributor for Aquaforest so you may want to reach out to [email protected].
 
Well I just broke down my entire aquascape and scraped this crap off my rocks...I thought maybe I had a bad batch but I see now multiple reviews of people with the same results...if you’re thinking of using Aquaforest stone fix to cement your rocks here’s a tip, just use bubble gum instead, it’ll hold better
 
Just used this stuff and on a few very heavy overhangs, can't fault it at all. I just mixed it to whatever consistency I need whether its wet to get in to all the crevices or thick to place rock on and keep it in place whilst drying super fast.
 
It’s all about the amount you add and make sure you use RODI water as that gave me better results. You have to add an insane amount of the stuff to a tiny volume of water. Once you get the hang of it it works great. Glad you got it sorted in the end though.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top