Aquamaxx 1.5 Hob enough for 75g?

steclo1993

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone was wondering how the aquamaxx 1.5 hob would work with a 75g. I have 6 fish so far and will maybe add one or 2 more. I have 2 clownfish 2 pink spotted gobies a bangai cardinal and a coral beauty. I'm running an fx6 right now but I wanted a little more filtration and was gonna add a co2 scrubber with the protein skimmer. That being said is this too much of a bioload or too much water volume for this skimmer? Definitely do not want overflow if the cup is gonna fill up too fast. Thank you all in advance!
 
NGL, I haven't had great success with hob skimmers.

When I had my 75g I ended up building a sump and used an eshopps overflow box. This allowed me to get an actual skimmer that was worthwhile for the size of the tank. Also was able to move the heater out of the display too
 
Upvote 0
NGL, I haven't had great success with hob skimmers.

When I had my 75g I ended up building a sump and used an eshopps overflow box. This allowed me to get an actual skimmer that was worthwhile for the size of the tank. Also was able to move the heater out of the display

NGL, I haven't had great success with hob skimmers.

When I had my 75g I ended up building a sump and used an eshopps overflow box. This allowed me to get an actual skimmer that was worthwhile for the size of the tank. Also was able to move the heater out of the display too
I wish I would've went that route but I got the Ole canister filter trying to make that work now lol thank you for the input!
 
Upvote 0
I wish I would've went that route but I got the Ole canister filter trying to make that work now lol thank you for the input!
No problem at all. I don't think I used a name brand hob either and this was 6 years ago so you could have pretty good performance with a new one. Hope it works out for you!
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top