AquaMaxx Cones-CO3 So Loud! Any Idea?

dragonfisher33

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
663
Reaction score
145
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone out there using AquaMaxx Cones-CO3? if you do, do you find it loud, especially near the air silencer area?

I just bought this skimmer and to my dismay, it's louder than I was expecting. I understand how noisy something is can be subjective but dang this thing is hissing constantly. In my smaller reef setup, the only thing i hear in the sump is my return pump. i can barely hear the Reef Octopus 110SSS
 
You can make a small silencer using a small plastic cup with a lid, fill cup with cotton balls, cut 2 holes in lid, size of your airline, shove in airline from skimmer, should cut the noise level way down.
 
You can make a small silencer using a small plastic cup with a lid, fill cup with cotton balls, cut 2 holes in lid, size of your airline, shove in airline from skimmer, should cut the noise level way down.

Yeah i understand the DIY silencer. Just disappointed that the skimmer's own air silencer is this loud. Anyone with this prom pen with the Aquamaxx?
 
I have the CO 2 and I can't hear it at all, even with the sump doors open it's just a minor buzz that's it. It's pretty quiet.
 
Yeah i understand the DIY silencer. Just disappointed that the skimmer's own air silencer is this loud. Anyone with this prom pen with the Aquamaxx?
My last build had the cone s3, and it was very quiet. I had no issues from the air intake, but I did add a silicone mat for it to sit on to further dampen the vibrations. Is there anything loose on the air intake?
 
Mine is quiet. All I can hear is a faint hum from both it and the return pump in the next chamber. Can you dial down the air volume?

Bruce
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top