aquamaxx hang on back protein skimmer working?

Rookie_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2014
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
Dallas, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After moving the tank on Saturday, I cleaned the collection cup of my aquamaxx hob protein skimmer last night. It was nasty. and put it back in last night. I just checked the cup few minutes ago and it is clean as nothing has happened. It has few water vapor looking thing on the lid of the collection cup but nothing else. Is this normal? I do hear the motor making noise and there are few bubbles coming up on the compartment but i don't think it was like the way it used to be few days ago.
Thanks for help
 
? Got a pic. I'd say you need to adjust the cup if its not getting into the neck the correct height.
 
Is the pump or the air tube clogged? Are the bubbles up in the neck of the collection cup?
 
Is the pump or the air tube clogged? Are the bubbles up in the neck of the collection cup?

Called a local fish store and they were nice enough to help on the phone. Basically there was no bubble and he said it was because the air wasn't coming in the the hose. He has me shut the hose with a finger and in few seconds I started seeing crazy bubbles.. now I know what to look for. The air is the one that creates the bubble so there was no air passing thru.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top