Aquamaxx WS-1 Protein Skimmer issue?

mr.lordacan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2022
Messages
205
Reaction score
100
Location
florence
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have the aquamaxx WS-1 protein skimmer and lately it hasn’t been producing much skim. I figured I’d take it out for a vinegar/water bath to give it a clean. I noticed that the (impeller?) isn’t spinning. I took it out via a screw and I’m not 100% sure this model is meant to spin? I reinstalled it and it’s now skimming in the vinegar/water bath but the plastic impeller doesn’t spin. This may be a dumb question, but is it supposed to like other skimmers? I found no helpful YouTube videos.
 
The Yellow needle wheel is supposed to spin if that's what you mean. Are the rubber grommets (?) in place on both ends of the rod?
 
Hey TokenReefer. Everything is in place and I think I’m good to go. Found an instructional video on YouTube of someone doing a cleaning. I took it all apart/reassembled it… just misunderstood the design and what was considered to be the impeller. Good thing I’m not an engineer lol. I cleaned it all up via RODI and threw it in the tank to see how it operates. I’m already getting some discolored/green skim. I think this thing just needed a cleaning after ~ 6 months of use.
 
Hey TokenReefer. Everything is in place and I think I’m good to go. Found an instructional video on YouTube of someone doing a cleaning. I took it all apart/reassembled it… just misunderstood the design and what was considered to be the impeller. Good thing I’m not an engineer lol. I cleaned it all up via RODI and threw it in the tank to see how it operates. I’m already getting some discolored/green skim. I think this thing just needed a cleaning after ~ 6 months of use.
Great! Yup. I just cleaned mine last week. Great little skimmer imo
 
The Aqua Maxx skimmer impeller does not spin on a shaft like an Eheim pump does, the whole impeller spins. there is a very little bald washer that goes between the impeller and the front of the pump, do not lose it.
 
The Aqua Maxx skimmer impeller does not spin on a shaft like an Eheim pump does, the whole impeller spins. there is a very little bald washer that goes between the impeller and the front of the pump, do not lose it.
First time breaking down the skimmer haha. Had a panic, but all is good. Thanks!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top