- Joined
- Apr 9, 2021
- Messages
- 616
- Reaction score
- 793
- Location
- Northern California
- What state or country do you live in
- California
Hi everyone!
Super exciting to be setting up my first ever reef tank after what feels like 10 years of wanting one. I had previously been scared off doing something small (I have moved around a lot over the past 10 years) but after doing more reading it seems like the nano reef is definitely something that is feasible to do. So here I am!
I am however struggling with getting the scape right. I am trying to leave ample room for corals but also trying not to leave too many dark spots, but some nice little hides for my fish once they make it into the tank.
Also something that doesn't look way too unnatural. (I know I am not asking for much am I? haha)
What do we think?
This is currently where the tank is sitting:
1)
And these are some other options I have tried
2)
3)
Super exciting to be setting up my first ever reef tank after what feels like 10 years of wanting one. I had previously been scared off doing something small (I have moved around a lot over the past 10 years) but after doing more reading it seems like the nano reef is definitely something that is feasible to do. So here I am!
I am however struggling with getting the scape right. I am trying to leave ample room for corals but also trying not to leave too many dark spots, but some nice little hides for my fish once they make it into the tank.
Also something that doesn't look way too unnatural. (I know I am not asking for much am I? haha)
What do we think?
This is currently where the tank is sitting:
1)
And these are some other options I have tried
2)
3)


