aquatic life t5 hybrid- what leds

  • Thread starter Thread starter riche
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
409
Location
Metro Detroit
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a 90 mixed reed and picking up this light. What less would you suggest for a mixed reef, not starting out with sps but want the option.

I love the look of kessils , I have the option of 2 hydra 26hd, with out spending over $800 what lights would you choose?
 
Would 2 kessils be enough over a 48x18” tank?
 
I have 2 radions over a 48 inch tank with 4 T5s
wonderful
 
I run 2 kessil a 360x with my 36” fixture on my 65 mix reef. 2 blue + and 2 coral +.
 

Attachments

  • 2E761CC9-BB50-4E97-BA4A-8AE3D735C790.jpeg
    2E761CC9-BB50-4E97-BA4A-8AE3D735C790.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 37
I have the 60 inch with 3 kessils over my 125 and it's been great so far. If you love the kessil shimmer then I say go with them. My personal other option would be ecotech xr15.
 
I’m setting up a 90 mixed reed and picking up this light. What less would you suggest for a mixed reef, not starting out with sps but want the option.

I love the look of kessils , I have the option of 2 hydra 26hd, with out spending over $800 what lights would you choose?
Keeping with that budget you could achieve it nicely with going used. If that’s not a problem their are fellow reefers on this site that change out after a year or less to get the latest and greatest that comes out with higher price tags and what they have for sale could be great for what your needs are . I’ve seen Radion 15 g5’s Going used for around 350 ish each with what they say were used less that a year to upgrade to different models . I don’t know if warranty’s would be transferable but that could be a option or pay a little more over 800 and buy them new . Great lights. I have them over a tank of the same dimension and its a mixed tank . I like these but there are so many choices out there these days . Also find the ones you like and look for sales . Good hunting
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top