AquaticLife Internal Mini 115 Protein Skimmer- grrrrr

reefnut29

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2015
Messages
20
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this skimmer in my 28 bow reef for a few weeks now. I think it's great when it works- very impressed with it. The problem is, that when I unplug it to take the collection cup off, it doesn't turn back on unless I take it apart, take the impeller out, tweezer the impeller shaft cap (little rubber piece) out of the bottom, put it back on, reassemble and put it back in the tank. It will turn on again until I turn it off again, then have to repeat the process. If I wasn't so happy with the job it does I'd not bother with it. Anyone else have this type of aggravating issue?
 
Yes with my nac5e
Did the same thing
 
Thanks all.
Twillard- did you do anything to correct it?
Klesel- 3 weeks now. Do you replace the short tube with a longer tube?
hipower- I realized yesterday that I could turn the flow knob down and take the collection cup off without water going all over. I just let it run while I clean it. Tell me what that vinegar bath does...
 
When new there can be stuff left on the surface of the skimmer from the manufacturing process. The vinegar will help clean it off. I like to give all of my stuff a soak once a month while cleaning.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top