Aquatop 18w UV sterilizer - anyone use this?

LMSquire

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2023
Messages
151
Reaction score
149
Location
Santa Cruz
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

So after confirming that my reef has ich, I went and bought an Aquatop 18w UV sterilizer. I plumbed it to an AI axis 40 (400 gph) pump, running it through the sterilizer at 100gph for parasites.

Question: anyone ever use this?? How do you even know that the light is on inside? It doesn’t have any window for viewing the light, although I was able to press down on the connector port to activate it which is pinned down when tightening the lid down, so I know it works. How are you supposed to know if the light burns out??

Hope someone has used this and has an answer. Thanks!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top