Aquatop Pisces 5 Gallon Build

Update: So it looks like we lost (1) baby, he was very small for some reason. All the other babies grew at an alarming rate, there are some that are already 1/2 the size of the adults. I dont know what happened or what the survival rate is for the babies but i feed twice a day with freshly hatched brine and i do water changes every (3) days. Im not 100 percent sure but it looks like I have (4) males and only (1) female. Does anyone know if I need to introduce a non-related male into the mix or will the babies bond even if they are from the same adult pair? Should I separate?? Other than the baby loss everyone else eat like champions and are looking good, as soon as the food drops in i see pecking from everyone! I am planning on getting a bigger tank later down the road, maybe a 10 gallon or 8 gallon to give some more space.
 
Update: So there seems to be a brine shrimp egg shortage which led me to buy frozen baby brine. The very first day everyone went crazy for them, I have been feeding frozen since then and everyone in the heard is now trained for frozen! I also have some videos of the males showing off for one of my females that I will try to post later. The babies should be full grown around FEB, I might not sell any just yet but sometime next year I will have captive raised, frozen trained babies!
 
So very random and out of mating season... we have 4 more babies!! Everyone is doing well!
 

Attachments

  • 9C1ABBCC-8409-413D-BEC0-F4EA4F7A8BB0.jpeg
    9C1ABBCC-8409-413D-BEC0-F4EA4F7A8BB0.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 75

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top