Aqueon + Glassholes, or Aqueon Reef-Ready

Aqueon + Glassholes, Aqueon Reef Ready, or something else.

  • Aqueon + Glassholes kit

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    4

Kurt Copeland

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2015
Messages
130
Reaction score
77
Location
Dallas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of getting something like a 50- or 65 gallon Aqueon and using my existing 20-gallon as a sump. I can either get the standard tank and a glassholes kit, or I can get a "reef-ready" tank.

Does anyone have any strong opinions for or against the Aqueon Reef-Ready tanks?

I'm comfortable drilling the glass but, if I don't have to, I can go for the ready-made aquarium.

Thoughts?
 
I went through the same decision recently planning my build. I ended up with the aqueon and glass holes. The reason I went that route was first I didn't want the built in overflow taking up so much room in the tank and wanted to choose the location. And second I read many articles that stated the reef ready tanks did not provide sufficient flow and a glass holes kit was capable of up to 1500 gph.
 
I have used glass holes overflow kit on my 75 and love it. Is a little nerve racking to drill the tank but its worth it.
 
I recently put together a frag tank and was faced with the same decision. I ended up going with the glass holes option and so glad I did. It went together very well and super easy to do, just make sure you know if any of the glass used on the aqueous tank is tempered before you drill. One of the biggest benefits of the glass-holes option is that it does not take up much real estate in your tank. In the reef-ready option you will have an entire overflow column to deal with, while the glass holes option is just a small suspended box. Did I mention how easy they are to install?! Plus they send you candy with every order.... bonus!!!!! ;)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top