Are Acan Lords the Ultimate Coral?

Buddy I know exactly what you mean!! I have a 4 year old, and 19 month old and 6 month old!! By the time you get home, play with the kids, eat dinner and get them all to bed, then clean up it's late!! If I am lucky I get to take some pics but then I can't ever get to process them. I am not talking about serious processing - I just mean sharpen and crop!! Time flies with kids!! But I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

Killer pieces man -
 
you can say that again. Thats why most of my pics if you look at exif data are like 1-3 am...on a rare occasion ill get a day that i can just relax and work on my tank and have some fun with the camera.
 
im hoping before the acan market dries up to get another dozen or so really special morphs, and then im calling it quits. Im up to 29 at the moment, and theres only so much low light area in my future display.
 
11d.jpg


I ABSOLUTELY love this one!!!! If you ever feel the need to pass a frag on to some one to make sure this guy survives in captivity....I volunteer to keep a sample in case something ever happens to yours! :happy10:
 
WHOA!!! awesome collection JR... and even better photography skills.... when did you say you were coming over?!? :hammer:
 
Thats nothing...look what i just picked up to locally...

gotta sell some coral to pay my bills now...but who could resist.

When they are happy almost the whole polyp is completely neon orange, with red inner walls, and a neon orange mouth...best acan ive ever seen...

the picture stinks, but i was in a hurry...will get the real deal pics tomorrow...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/juniorsreef/OMG-ACANS.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/juniorsreef/OMG-ACANS-1.jpg
 
awesome photo skills...are a lot of the pics under actinics? Do you fiddle with the saturation bar a tad?
 
honest to god i dont. The ones where the gravel is a definate blue, are actinics only. The ones where its whiter that white are under hqi 250 xm20k's which are slightly bluer than a pheonix 14k on my ballasts.

Ive been very fortunate to get very high quality corals, and have had even better luck keeping great color in my LPS.

Ill be showing step by step what i do to my photos in my next HOW-TO.

It will make a lot more sense at that point.
 
this would be saturated:hammer:, if only they looks this bright under day lights....could you imagine what they would look like under actinics?

OMG-daylight-colony-saturated.jpg
 
Last edited:
Phew...man if you say they are even brighter in person you must have to wear shades around your tank :)

Stunning cans and even more amazing photography. I have no idea how you are getting such a crisp and sharp image with great DOF. Great work.
 
Do you feed them anything or do they just eat the particulates in the water
 
Very nice collection and shots. My Acans ain't happy in my DT for some reason but got a few nice ones in frag tanks and couple smaller tanks that are looking amazing. Do you feed them ?
 
Guys, this thread is a decade old. I’d love to see if OP’s collection is still alive, but not holding my breath.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top