Are chaeto growth and red slime growth corelated ?

uhgster1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,616
Location
Clarksville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed that when my chaeto is in full growth mode, I.e. growing super fast, red slime starts to rear it’s ugly head in my display. It’s actually becoming an annoyance. I would prefer to not have to resort to nuking the tank with chemiclean if I can help it. Especially if it’s something I can control on my end. Any advice would be appreciated!
 
The chaeto will use the P. Potentially a chemical imbalance is fueling the cyano growth. I wouldn’t expect that to happen though.

You feed a lot?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top