Are rainbow anemones safe for fish to consume?

Yeah RBTAs. I found out today that the decorator crab had no interest in wearing them, but liked eating them. So maybe a solution? Im wondering if it would harm the triggerfish to throw one in the tank and let it have fun. Theres just too many of them I’m trying to get creative
 
Yeah RBTAs. I found out today that the decorator crab had no interest in wearing them, but liked eating them. So maybe a solution? Im wondering if it would harm the triggerfish to throw one in the tank and let it have fun. Theres just too many of them I’m trying to get creative
You’re going to feed your decorator crab a rainbow bubble tip ?
 
Anemones can sting, but anything sting-resistant, like crabs, should be fine. That said, have you checked to see if anyone local wants to buy them? Could make some money off those, and it'd be a shame to feed them off if you've got people locally who'd like 'em. Or, heck, wait for nice weather and ship.
 
Anemones can sting, but anything sting-resistant, like crabs, should be fine. That said, have you checked to see if anyone local wants to buy them? Could make some money off those, and it'd be a shame to feed them off if you've got people locally who'd like 'em. Or, heck, wait for nice weather and ship.
Oh they’re for sale already they wont stop splitting. There is minimum 50+ in the tank. Im basically handing them out at this point but the tank is a red flag in itself with the amount of them a few split almost every day and there is constantly new ones even when we dont feed. Im convinced theyre eating eachother to reproduce at this rate, because when kept alone in other tanks they dont split as fast at all.
 
Oh they’re for sale already they wont stop splitting. There is minimum 50+ in the tank. Im basically handing them out at this point but the tank is a red flag in itself with the amount of them a few split almost every day and there is constantly new ones even when we dont feed. Im convinced theyre eating eachother to reproduce at this rate, because when kept alone in other tanks they dont split as fast at all.
Like it’s not even about making money off of them I just want less in the tank so people might actually want one, and so theres not so many in general. We put hermits in there and they’ve attached to their shell and wont let them walk around, these things are like giant aiptasia at this point. Had to mesh the sump intake because they kept getting down there. They also sting like a mf

dont get me wrong I love them but like at this point, Im just looking for something to call them food to lower the numbers a bit.
heres a pic of a few of them before they were so bad. They were surrendered because they invaded someones tank as well lol.

9244ABBA-CEFF-48DB-B831-9BE3304D6DA2.jpeg
 
Like it’s not even about making money off of them I just want less in the tank so people might actually want one, and so theres not so many in general. We put hermits in there and they’ve attached to their shell and wont let them walk around, these things are like giant aiptasia at this point. Had to mesh the sump intake because they kept getting down there. They also sting like a mf

dont get me wrong I love them but like at this point, Im just looking for something to call them food to lower the numbers a bit.
heres a pic of a few of them before they were so bad. They were surrendered because they invaded someones tank as well lol.

9244ABBA-CEFF-48DB-B831-9BE3304D6DA2.jpeg
Omg this is called aptasia and it’s gunna hard to sell them as most are trying to rid there tanks of them
 
Like it’s not even about making money off of them I just want less in the tank so people might actually want one, and so theres not so many in general. We put hermits in there and they’ve attached to their shell and wont let them walk around, these things are like giant aiptasia at this point. Had to mesh the sump intake because they kept getting down there. They also sting like a mf

dont get me wrong I love them but like at this point, Im just looking for something to call them food to lower the numbers a bit.
heres a pic of a few of them before they were so bad. They were surrendered because they invaded someones tank as well lol.

9244ABBA-CEFF-48DB-B831-9BE3304D6DA2.jpeg
Those are not bubble tips. Trolling?
 
Yeah RBTAs. I found out today that the decorator crab had no interest in wearing them, but liked eating them. So maybe a solution? Im wondering if it would harm the triggerfish to throw one in the tank and let it have fun. Theres just too many of them I’m trying to get creative
Lol who told you those are rbta?
 
Omg this is called aptasia and it’s gunna hard to sell them as most are trying to rid there tanks of them
I promise you its not actually aiptasia, they are 5-8” tall. Theyre a rainbow bubble tip in bad lighting
 
These are bubble tips with some rainbows mixed with rose.
 

Attachments

  • 20220715_151522.mp4
    17.1 MB
Lol who told you those are rbta?
Yall omg. They end up like this in nicer conditions, we have some in different tanks I just dont have pics. These are just under a real basic LED and its a top pic of the 20gal tank. Im not trolling this site is not helpful lol
 

Attachments

  • FAA931A3-0652-45FB-BCF5-C00647D9B334.jpeg
    FAA931A3-0652-45FB-BCF5-C00647D9B334.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 49
Just not the best picture I guess. Not aware of anything that eats bta. I would post on this and other local forums and sell for $30 each
 
Yall omg. They end up like this in nicer conditions, we have some in different tanks I just dont have pics. These are just under a real basic LED and its a top pic of the 20gal tank. Im not trolling this site is not helpful lol
Smh
 
I might just close this thread because my question isnt even being answered at this point
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top