Are these seals questionable?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jberge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
And that's a good point. I would trust an old tank with a frame from an old school manufacturer over most of the new rimless builds....as long as it passes the leak test.
I definitely see what you’re saying. This whole thing just has me thinking now that as much as I want to use this tank, I don’t want to be worrying about it or having to do all of this over again any time soon
 
The 175 curve front is a holy grayl tank..cut it complety apart and start fresh...take a month or a year lol cheers
 
I can't vouch for your tank, no one can, but I can tell you that my 130 gallon was in my basement dry for 25 years.
Now, like most basements mine is humid and the seals remained moist for lack of a better term.
5 months ago I cleaned all the muck out of it and filled it up and then ran. I waited 2 or 3 days before I got close to the tank for fear that it might BLOW.
5 months later all is well.

Take that for what it's worth!

Good luck with your tank!!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top