Asterina Starfish eating zoanthids (what are your thoughts)

Was there a consensus on whether they would eat serpent stars or not?
 
I have been reading all over the net the past few days trying to get up to speed on these guys and it has been either or when it came to serpent stars....some say that the looks of them might be unappealing to the harleys but some say they will devour them just the same.
 
However, i do believe, based on what others have said, that if thier population grows too large or if their current food source declines, that the asterina will turn to other means of feeding and who knows what they might start to feast on.


Seems to make a lot of sense..... growing population and deminishing food source makes cannibals...
 
I saw about 2 or 3 asterinas a while back, and Im thinking these are cool little guys, until last week I saw them on my zoos, and the next morning those same zoos were all mulched off. The next one I see is a dead one.
 
I have been reading all over the net the past few days trying to get up to speed on these guys and it has been either or when it came to serpent stars....some say that the looks of them might be unappealing to the harleys but some say they will devour them just the same.

My Harlequin love's them.
 
Yes, I read getting a couple harleuins will successfully get rid of them. I was thinking about doing that but Im about to upgrade soon so im going to wait a bit.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top