Ati 36" 3 bulb with a retro fit led

  • Thread starter Thread starter broach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

broach

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
372
Reaction score
168
Location
Winter Park
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am waiting for my ati fixture to come in the mail. I'm deciding on a 3 bulb setup with a
Diy led strip light with 3 different blue leds to get that kessil tuna blue look. The leds will be on a controller with
Ramp timers etc.

My main question is what t5 bulb combo will work best with this?
I'm looking for the growth and just using the leds at night when I get home from work

Was thinking 2 blue + and 1 coral +.
 
Since you have the blue LEDs - hopefully with some 3 watt royal blue - you might do well with 2 coral plus, and one blue plus, IMO.
 
+1
2 corals and 1 blue since your running led as well. Maybe a UV also depending on what you plan on putting in there.
 
Last edited:
Sounds good. Fixtures should both arrive next week sometime.

It's a minimalistic rock layout with Softies and lps but with this combo I
Plan on running some sps as well.
You think with the 2 coral + and blue + run the light cycle for 6 hours while at work and run leds from 6-10 pm
 
2 blue+.

And a Red Sea reef spec BLUE/White 15k bulb has a better look then the coral+ IMO and I use this bulb I use both of the bulbs mentioned
 
A lot of people run their lights like the real world when I fact you can adjust the hours so the tank is lit when your home to enjoy it fully lit. I think a big thing is with corals knowing what the pervious light schedule is was and adjusting for that. It also depends on how much natural light the tank will be getting.

My last tank was in a pretty dark area and I ran a curtain. So night was when I was at work during the day and day was at night when I was home.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top