ATI 4x80 or 6x80 for 125g?

rogersb

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2011
Messages
676
Reaction score
622
Location
white haven
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to order a new light for my 6ft 125g LPS dominated reef. I also have zoas and a few mushrooms. No plans for sps. Ever. I don't like them. Would the 4 bulb cut it for mostly euphyllia or would I need the 6 bulb?
 
I would go with the 6x80. You'll get much better coverage on a 6ft tank than with a 48in fixture.
 
Both fixtures are 60".

4 bulb got it. I thought it said 4 foot.

Either way I'd go with the 6. A 4 bulb might be enough, but I'd rather get the 6 and not worry about than have to add supplements like a reefbrite later on
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top