ATK DOS water change to reduce salinty

  • Thread starter Thread starter Noam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Noam

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I purchased DOS to perform the regular water change. that's easy.
I wish to automate also water change to reduce salinity.
The idea is:
If Salinity is > 37 for more than 12 hrs then:
1. Remove X gallons of water by using the DOS (connected anyways for a water change)
2. Push same X gallon of RODI water from the RODI tank (I have the ATK kit)
Is it possible?
Since the ATK controls the water addition, there shouldn't be a problem.
the only issue I think is that the water level will not be stagnant at all times. for that, we can use maintenance mode that will shut off the return pump and head pump for x min... until PMUP pushes the water level by adding RODI water to the desired level.
Thanks
 
BUMP?
 
I know someone who might have ideas if it’s possible to automate @SuncrestReef

I would actually hesitate to allow Apex to do it automatically if that’s what your thinking, and that’s just on my own personal experience with the salinity probe accuracy, but that’s just me.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top