Atlantik Mount fit a Radeon XR30?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

ps2cho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
879
Reaction score
268
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a tank-mounting option for my XR30 and stumbled across this. The Ecotech mount is garbage - had it before.


You guys think this might work?

Are there any other tank-mounted universal options out there that might work?
 
Last edited:
Well I thought of a way it would work- just got the brackets in today and this does the trick!
In the long run I will find another bolt that holds the light hanger, but this helps me get it mounted!

I will say I'm impressed with the quality of these light brackets. Very heavy duty.

lighthang1.jpg lighthang2.jpg
 
I was looking for other mounting options as well, and decided to use the Hydra mounts and drill a hole on the Radion mount adapter and secure it to the Hydra mount with a screw/washer.

Now I'm considering doing it with these, thanks for giving me more ideas!
 
These mounts offer so much in height (16"), its a significant bonus and the main reason I went with these.

There is not enough space to use both mounts on my tank, so I am only using one, but its insanely well built, I have zero concern using just one to hold the weight of an XR30
 
I am banking on the 3rd party mount for the neptune sky not being completely worthless like the ecotech rms arm. It should fit the xr30 just fine when it comes out. Neptune is also well aware how terrible the rms mount is with the forward lean, so i believe this new one should be at least decent.

edit: Oh man i just realized that since neptune and ecotech are now sister companies, there may not be a new 3rd party mount… They may just say the rms arm is the arm mount for both…They may have known this would happen which is why they never made their own mount…I just ruined my day :(
 
Last edited:
Are the 'arms' on your Orphek mounts a 90 degree elbow? I'm talking about the part that attaches to the back of the tank and hover over the surface.

I received mine this past Friday and noticed that it's not a right angle. So, if when you mount it on the back and tighten the nuts it looks like this:

D2C9E88E-90E2-4FB3-9EA9-577041A7F29F.jpeg

If don’t tighten the nuts that hold the main arm to the anchor in the back, the weight of lights will pull the arm down and keep it straight. However, it’s not as tight and secure as you’d maybe expect. I can’t figure out if this is by design or not. Overall, I’m 7.5/10 satisfied, considering you get two for less than the price of one EM mount, and it looks a little sleeker.

74D7EC69-3EDE-4E81-BE2A-671E5624C8C3.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Mine were not right angle either. I think they designed it that way so the heavy Atlantik LED weight levels it off.
 
Mine were not right angle either. I think they designed it that way so the heavy Atlantik LED weight levels it off.


Thanks for clarifying that for me! What's odd is that in their product images, on the box and manual, it looks very much like a right angle.

Either way, it was a good find and idea. Cheers.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top