ATO mount for my Fusion 14 peninsula

reefinnewb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2020
Messages
217
Reaction score
278
Location
Macungie
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted this on the build thread but figured it deserved a spot here too. Needed a float switch mount for the new tank. It has 6mm glass. I took to fusion 360 for the first time and came up with this. Printed in PETG. Pretty proud of it. I'm sure as it's put in use I'll find something to change.

PXL_20210125_164957386.jpg PXL_20210125_164951093.jpg PXL_20210125_164646585.jpg
 
That's cool. It'd be even slicker if there was a way to eliminate the loop of tubing; would make for a real stealth setup.
 
Yea, I'm working on it. That was the initial idea, however everytime I created the internal tube, it deleted the walls. Still a work in progress! I'm surprised I made this much lol
 
So I was able to make the internal pipe however with the barb on the bottom, I'm not sure how to print it without making the barb a separate piece and gluing it on, which I'd like to avoid. Going to have to tinker a bit more and see what I can figure out.
 
Could you print the piece upside down to deal with the barb issue? I don't know much about 3d printing. Some things I've seen have extra stuff printed to prop the piece up and then it's cut off after completion
 
I think I'm going to use a raft. I got it all drawn up and I think it looks pretty good. Going to try and print one tonight.

@thewire It's made for 6mm glass. Once I'm happy with the internal tube version. I'll probably toss it on Thingiverse. I haven't decided yet. If I do, I'll let you know.

ATO mount.JPG
 
I think I'm going to use a raft. I got it all drawn up and I think it looks pretty good. Going to try and print one tonight.

@thewire It's made for 6mm glass. Once I'm happy with the internal tube version. I'll probably toss it on Thingiverse. I haven't decided yet. If I do, I'll let you know.

ATO mount.JPG
6mm is perfect my my IM tank! Let me know thanks!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top