Been interested in this for a few years - I would love to have one of these and honestly hope that they deliver soon and are what they are advertised to be!
That said, I have absolutely zero faith that anything will ship in December, let alone production for non-backers ever become reality. Communication has been beyond terrible publicly though I have no idea what backers are being told in private. Great idea, but assume there are numerous production and operation issues and given the extremely slow development, maybe time, money and dedication issues. Is he building this or hiring out different aspects and struggling to get things to come together.... the vast majority of kickstarters fail before delivery, and of the few the do deliver, most fail to be a success unless they are extremely well managed, backed by real capital with real resources devoted to building a viable venture.