Avast Marine K1 Kalk Stirer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bph
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Bph

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2022
Messages
428
Reaction score
150
Location
Martinsville
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is the avast marine kalk stirer in a way the same as a kalk slurry? Just trying to make sure this is a good idea to dose kalkwasser this way?
 
Not the same but more controllable. I use the AM stirrer and feel that it is a very easily installed simple way of dosing kalk.
 
While I'm not a fan of kalk stirrers (I prefer dosing from a settled reservoir of known potency), they are a better choice than a slurry, IMO, unless you somehow set the stirrer to deliver undissolved particles.
 
Like putting the kalk stirrer on a time so it is dosing more settled kalkwasser?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top