Back online! ***QuietDrive experiences? *** Share here on ETM Sponsor Thread!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2014
Messages
598
Reaction score
141
Location
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

For the last few weeks I've had to shift all of my focus to job obligations, but we're finally BACK! :yo:


To get things started back up, here on the EcoTech Marine sponsor thread...

Let's hear about your QuietDrive experiences so far!

*Sound differences?
*Performance?
*Happier Tanks?

Let us know! (If you have posted somewhere else, please share a link. :) )


Can't wait to hear from you!

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team
 
Looking forward to my MP40wQD delivery tomorrow. Will post initial thoughts.
 
I just ordered a couple of these for a brand new build I am starting... never owned Vortechs before and I am super excited! I will post some thoughts when i get them installed but it will be a bit because my tank will be here beginning of next month!
 
Looking forward to my MP40wQD delivery tomorrow. Will post initial thoughts.

Awesome! Looking forward to it! Do/did you own MP40wES?

I just ordered a couple of these for a brand new build I am starting... never owned Vortechs before and I am super excited! I will post some thoughts when i get them installed but it will be a bit because my tank will be here beginning of next month!

Exciting indeed! We'll still be here when you get it up and running.

Be sure to get a build thread up in the Members Tanks threads too!
 
Dang, I was wanting to do a closed loop on my new build, but you guys are making it really hard to decide....
 
I installed my quiet drive mp 40 several weeks ago and I am very happy with it.
It is as advertised, absolutely quiet.
 
its been a month since ive ordered my upgraded drivers, still havent heard anything about them...
 
Dang, I was wanting to do a closed loop on my new build, but you guys are making it really hard to decide....

Dooo It!! [emoji16][emoji23]

I got two of the mp10 quiet drive upgrades. I will say the 90% quieter is a true statement.

I know, right! Although, my MP10s are on the basement system, I couldn't imagine having them upstairs without switching to QuietDrives!


I installed my quiet drive mp 40 several weeks ago and I am very happy with it.
It is as advertised, absolutely quiet.

The MP40s especially, for me! My living room is so peaceful now.
 
its been a month since ive ordered my upgraded drivers, still havent heard anything about them...

Have you received them yet butters417 ? Who did you order through?

Took me seven weeks to get my upgrades

But now that you have them... Are you liking them?

At least you got yours!! Ordered mine on 2/18/15 [emoji35] Seems to be dependent on the vendor we purchased them from.

Nothing yet NanaReefer?

I went straight through ecotech they are located in my state (pa)

:)

Well, now that's convenient!
 
Just got my drivers last night, love them, so much quieter. I just placed my order for new wet sides too! now just have to wait another 4 weeks...
 
Would love to hear from people using them for a few months and those that use short or long pulse mode up to 100%. I've used a few MP10's in the past. Performance was great but it was way too loud after 6 months. I'm hoping to use an MP40 on my new 45 anemone cube, but it all depends on the QD upgrade.
 
Don't know if it's the casing or what...the new drivers run hot compares to the old one. I didn't check it digitally but I am guessing at least 10-15 degree diff.
 
Don't know if it's the casing or what...the new drivers run hot compares to the old one. I didn't check it digitally but I am guessing at least 10-15 degree diff.

I personally haven't noticed a huge difference. I'll have to take some measurements this week between the two.
 
Well I've had a MP10 for a long time. And it was never loud but wasn't quiet either. Since my new tank has .25" this acrylic, I had to upgrade. The old MP10 wouldn't hold on. So I called around and found one store that still had one in stock. Got it home and hooked it up. Loud. Like really loud. I seen some people say give it a week. So I did. Still loud. Called Ecotech. Took about five minutes of doing some tests and making sure everything was hooked up right and I was being sent a new wet side. Didn't charge me anything. Just needed my CC number in case I kept the old one. Completely fair. Got the new one and sent the old one back. Got it in a couple days. Now, it's dead quiet. The only way I can hear it is if everything else in the house is off and my skimmer is off. I can only run it at 40% in my 45g shallow reef. Anymore than that and it's a tornado in the tank. LOVE it. I think Ecotech improved an already innovative design and knocked it out of the park. The first one being loud didn't bother me because I know first runs of any new product are always sketchy. But the replacement was perfect and so was the customer service. That will keep me coming back. Thanks!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top