Back to Hanna... so fed up with APEX

do rational thoughts run thru your mind, or just angry ones?
If you have no rational or logical input why are you here? I am asking for help, you are telling me its a siphon or a damaged waste line. I said before hand that is isn't a siphon as it sits above both lines of tubing. Secondly, If the waste line was damaged, the reagents would be leaking outside of the unit, not inside.
 
The waste line goes inside the unit, where the drawer is slid in. I'm going to assume your hot head shoved it in, damaging the line internally, or the pump heads. Have you even popped out the reagent tray and looked inside?
Of course I have. None of the lines are damaged. Id appreciate it if you could drop the attitude. The reagents are leaking internally out of the black circle piece, not the tubing.
"I'm going to assume your hot head shoved it in, damaging the line internally, or the pump heads"
Im going to assume your Trident has been set up for what, 2 weeks now? Thanks for your input.
Both the waste line and the supply line connect on the outside of the unit..
 
Sorry for your troubles. I'm going to follow this thread because I've been thinking about getting a Trident but I've seen complaints about it elsewhere. I hope you figure out the problem(s) and let us know the solution(s)!
 
Sorry for your troubles. I'm going to follow this thread because I've been thinking about getting a Trident but I've seen complaints about it elsewhere. I hope you figure out the problem(s) and let us know the solution(s)!
Yea I am hoping to get it working again because it is really cool, I mean testing when you are at work etc etc is really nice. But it has been frustrating for me.
 
Just going to leave this here then, my Trident works flawlessly.
Would you like a sticker lol? There are several other threads with people having trouble with it, maybe you should go to those ones and bloat about how yours has worked great for the first few weeks you've used it.
Gotta love the expert reefers who have been at it for 1 month! lol
 
Last edited:
I tried to help initially, but your bloated head got in the way. Its too bad really, i'm sure there have been more you've pushed away. Cheers
 
Just FYI, the Trident doesn’t need to be above the sample or waste. Mine is below the sample and slightly below the waste - no issues. I did ask Neptune about this and they indicated the pump is more than strong enough.

If you haven’t done so already, I would check your waste line to ensure it’s not kinked or has been damaged. My recommendation is to still contact Neptune directly (especially if the unit is still in warranty).
 
Just FYI, the Trident doesn’t need to be above the sample or waste. Mine is below the sample and slightly below the waste - no issues. I did ask Neptune about this and they indicated the pump is more than strong enough.

If you haven’t done so already, I would check your waste line to ensure it’s not kinked or has been damaged. My recommendation is to still contact Neptune directly (especially if the unit is still in warranty).
Thank you, Yes I contacted them yesterday. I've just been trying to find a way to fix it while waiting to hear back.
 
Thank you, Yes I contacted them yesterday. I've just been trying to find a way to fix it while waiting to hear back.
You could always empty the reagent bottles temporarily, fill them with RO and prime the Trident in order to track down the leak. I’d move the sample and waste lines from your tank as well so you can monitor input/ouput as its doing this.

Have you disassembled the Trident? The dark black transparent plastic cap at the top pops out, then if you flip it over the four rubber feet just twist out. Then you can expand the sides out and lift the top off.
 
You could always empty the reagent bottles temporarily, fill them with RO and prime the Trident in order to track down the leak. I’d move the sample and waste lines from your tank as well so you can monitor input/ouput as its doing this.
I was considering priming the unit with vinegar. I am starting to think there may be a blockage or some sort of malfunction within the black circle piece inside the unit, the leaks seem to be coming from that instead of the tubing. I may wait to speak with them before doing that in case it voids any kind of warranty.
 
I was considering priming the unit with vinegar. I am starting to think there may be a blockage or some sort of malfunction within the black circle piece inside the unit, the leaks seem to be coming from that instead of the tubing. I may wait to speak with them before doing that in case it voids any kind of warranty.
I wouldn’t use vinegar - just straight RO water. You can - that’s the first thing they had me do over the phone to troubleshoot mine (and they needed me to look at the tubing/connections inside the unit). But yes, do wait to speak with Neptune directly if that makes you the most comfortable.
 
I wouldn’t use vinegar - just straight RO water. You can - that’s the first thing they had me do over the phone to troubleshoot mine (and they needed me to look at the tubing/connections inside the unit). But yes, do wait to speak with Neptune directly if you want to be 100%.
Did they by chance mention using warm water? I tried RO water and the same thing happened. I was consider using warm water as if there is some sort of build up in there that may be enough to free it up, but again I do not want to damage the unit.
 
Did they by chance mention using warm water? I tried RO water and the same thing happened. I was consider using warm water as if there is some sort of build up in there that may be enough to free it up, but again I do not want to damage the unit.
I didn’t end up having to purge my system. The problem wasn’t with any leaks or flow - the camera wasn’t reading the sample, thus returning an error and preventing any tests from being run (everything filled and drained properly).

So when I did re-prime the unit, I did so with regular tank water.
 
I didn’t end up having to purge my system. The problem wasn’t with any leaks or flow - the camera wasn’t reading the sample, thus returning an error and preventing any tests from being run (everything filled and drained properly).

So when I did re-prime the unit, I did so with regular tank water.
I am gonna try some slighly warm RO water, like 95-100 degrees. I dont think that could damage anything. Will report back.
 
I didn’t end up having to purge my system. The problem wasn’t with any leaks or flow - the camera wasn’t reading the sample, thus returning an error and preventing any tests from being run (everything filled and drained properly).

So when I did re-prime the unit, I did so with regular tank water.
Do you know if priming the sample line sends water thru the entire unit, or just the sample line. I think I need to have hot water go thru the whole unit as if a test was being done. Is there a way to do this beyond running a full test?
 
Do you know if priming the sample line sends water thru the entire unit, or just the sample line. I think I need to have hot water go thru the whole unit as if a test was being done. Is there a way to do this beyond running a full test?
Through the whole unit via the sample line to the waste line. Yes, if you remove the black transparent cover you can observe the rectangle container fill and empty when you prime the sample line (or possibly not in your case if you have a leak somewhere).

Yes, if you access the Trident module in Fusion it gives you the option to prime the sample or any of the 3 reagents individually without running a test (this is for when a reagent is empty and needs to be replaced).

Just place some warm RO in a new container, feed the sample line from that and run the waste line to a new empty container. Then prime the sample, watch and observe. You may also want to fill some empty reagent bottles with warm RO and prime those individually as well.
 
Last edited:
Through the whole unit via the sample line to the waste line. Yes, if you remove the black transparent cover you can observe the rectangle container fill and empty when you prime the sample line (or possibly not in your case if you have a leak somewhere).

Yes, if you access the Trident module in Fusion it gives you the option to prime the sample or any of the 3 reagents individually without running a test (this is for when a reagent is empty and needs to be replaced).
Yea the leak is definitely coming from that black piece where all the tubes connect on the inside. About 4 of the 6 white heads are leaking (the 4 used for reagent), but I can not tell if the leak is inside the white head or the outside as water and reagent just builds up around it. The waste line is getting some of the water, about half goes thru and the other half leaks out of the unit. I think that is why I was getting crazy test results, it seems some regent/water gets thru for the test, and the rest leaks out. Hopefully it is just a blockage of some sort.
Also after priming the sample line twice, I keep getting "no water sample" however I can see the water coming thru the sample line, and going through the unit and out of the waste line. I don't understand.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top