Back to the hobby - guess that makes me new again

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hall
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Hall

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
16
Reaction score
36
Location
SW FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy fellow hobbyists - been quite a long time since I have had my tank, I live in FL and a hurricane forced me to watch it die slowly (since we had no power for 10+ days, getting a generator after the fact was impossible). After that experience I swore I would never do it again unless I could assure myself I would never have to endure that again. Well I live in a new house, built in 2016, added a whole house generator w/auto switch gear & live in a gas community - so no worries about keeping gas for it. Now that problem has been solved - now comes the real challenge. The where/how big/how much do we want to spend/etc. We are looking to make this our 10+ yr tank and we want it to be SPS dominated w/bare-bottom. I can tell you it will be an in wall setup and at least 300 gallons w/out the sump.

It does make me nervous since so much has changed since I was in the hobby last. But with all that aside I would just like to say hello to all and I look forward sharing our experience with you.
Sincerely,
Mr. & Mrs Hall
SW FL AREA
 
Welcome to R2R and back to reefing.

Go big or go home :D

Yes the hobby has change a lot for the better. I would suggest not to go cheap on the lighting, controller, dosing pumps and pumps.
 
Howdy fellow hobbyists - been quite a long time since I have had my tank, I live in FL and a hurricane forced me to watch it die slowly (since we had no power for 10+ days, getting a generator after the fact was impossible). After that experience I swore I would never do it again unless I could assure myself I would never have to endure that again. Well I live in a new house, built in 2016, added a whole house generator w/auto switch gear & live in a gas community - so no worries about keeping gas for it. Now that problem has been solved - now comes the real challenge. The where/how big/how much do we want to spend/etc. We are looking to make this our 10+ yr tank and we want it to be SPS dominated w/bare-bottom. I can tell you it will be an in wall setup and at least 300 gallons w/out the sump.

It does make me nervous since so much has changed since I was in the hobby last. But with all that aside I would just like to say hello to all and I look forward sharing our experience with you.
Sincerely,
Mr. & Mrs Hall
SW FL AREA
Manca is in Orlando in 30 days, that is were you could see and touch all the products and ask question.
 
Welcome to R2R!!! It sounds like you have a beautiful system planned - it will be fun to watch it come together and hopefully you will bring us along on your adventure! This forum is filled with a lot of information as well as a lot of helpful, friendly people. We're glad you're here!
 
R2R WELCOME.jpg
Your build Sounds like it is going o be incredible. My wife and I are also in this hobby together. Incidentally also in SW Florida. (Sarasota) I wish you success and if I can be of any assistance please let me know.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top