- Joined
- Sep 5, 2018
- Messages
- 297
- Reaction score
- 197
- What state or country do you live in
- Texas
I ordered this AquaMaxx Tonga Shelf w/ Base Dry Live Rock 20 inches - 25 lbs. thinking it could be the centerpiece in my new aquarium. When it arrived and I opened the box the rock was broken in pieces. To my suprise @MarineDepot just threw this 25 lb. rock in a cheap styrofoam lined box, taped it up and shipped it loose to freely bounce around inside. When I called Marine Depot to complain they said they don't guarantee rock. My complaint is that this rock is expensive ($179.99) and 1 huge piece but in the way it was shipped. Marine Depot doesn't care. Once your payment has cleared MD no longer cares. MD made no effort to give that rock the best chance to arrive to me (the customer) in one piece. I have sent so many emails complaining about it that they no longer respond. Actually I only ever got one response and then never heard from them again.Marine Depot simply does not care. They just ignore me.
Now on the other hand, I ordered some marco rock from their main competitor BRS and the packing of the rock was completely different. Their rock was wrapped and then placed in the box totally filled with peanuts so that the rock at least has the best chance to arrive in 1 piece. That is all you can ask for. Give the rock the best opportunity to make it to the customer in 1 piece. Especially if you are not going to guarantee it to arrive in one piece.
Never again will I ever use Marine Depot for anything. Up until the rock incident I had ordered a decent amount of equipment from them. Marine Depot was never my #1 online reef supply but nevertheless I have used them for a decent amount of orders.
I will attach pictures of Marine Depot's packing and one of their competitors (BRS) that I talked about.
Brian in TX
Marine Depot sees no error on their part and refuses to give a refund. For that reason I am posting this here to educate potential buyers of this rock as to what they might expect.
https://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMax...Reef_Aquariums-AquaMaxx-UJ2725-FISSLR-vi.html
Now on the other hand, I ordered some marco rock from their main competitor BRS and the packing of the rock was completely different. Their rock was wrapped and then placed in the box totally filled with peanuts so that the rock at least has the best chance to arrive in 1 piece. That is all you can ask for. Give the rock the best opportunity to make it to the customer in 1 piece. Especially if you are not going to guarantee it to arrive in one piece.
Never again will I ever use Marine Depot for anything. Up until the rock incident I had ordered a decent amount of equipment from them. Marine Depot was never my #1 online reef supply but nevertheless I have used them for a decent amount of orders.
I will attach pictures of Marine Depot's packing and one of their competitors (BRS) that I talked about.
Brian in TX
Marine Depot sees no error on their part and refuses to give a refund. For that reason I am posting this here to educate potential buyers of this rock as to what they might expect.
https://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMax...Reef_Aquariums-AquaMaxx-UJ2725-FISSLR-vi.html
Last edited by a moderator:



