Bali slimer vs seriatopora guttatus

  • Thread starter Thread starter becks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

becks

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
815
Reaction score
546
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bali slimer has a branch that's growing towards my guttatus coral, and the guttatus has branches growing towards the slimer, will they sting each other or is it ok to let them grow into each other?
 
If they touch will it kill the whole colony of the guttatus?
 
Not sure, could just kill the branch but IME guttatus is sensitive and can white out quickly. I had a mini colony, maybe 3" touch our bansai and the guttatus was white by morning. Why risk it when you can make frags for sale or trade?
 
Not sure, could just kill the branch but IME guttatus is sensitive and can white out quickly. I had a mini colony, maybe 3" touch our bansai and the guttatus was white by morning. Why risk it when you can make frags for sale or trade?

For the sport of it!
 
Guttatus is very hardy for me. I have frags and mini colonies of acropora growing on/in my guttatus. They cause almost zero die off on mine and will encrust over the guttattus with time, its actually pretty cool when it does.
 
Here is a picture for reference, some kind of acro growing in the middle of my seriatopora. IF your seriatopora is still frag size I suppose the slimer could be lethal. IME, once the corals first interact they will begin to grow upward or find ways to avoid each other, forming sort of a boundary.

IMG_5789.PNG
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top