Banggai Prematurely Releases Eggs

BlastoLove

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2012
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakewood, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Banggai that breed every so often, I got 14 out of the first batch, only to have the hob heater fry them, then the second batch I got 7 but I'm down to 4, dad has had mouthfulls since but releases/loses them after about 3 days... I think he just gets hungry but I also worry about a PH swing happening in my main tank where they are currently. What is happening? Can PH affect the eggs or is something else happening?
 
When the eggs/babies get released, time to feed the heck out of dad.
He needs to gorge on large meaty foods; shrimp, octopus, crab, whatever you use. I made a frozen chopped mix and they all love it.
Need to really fatten him up, and eventually he will raise the batch to full term.
 
Thank you! I had my suspicions, maybe time to give them there own tank, I started feeding more everyday and he is holding now! :)
 
Glad to hear!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top